Neurological conditions include disorders of the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems and their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissues. All things considered, treatment of any neurological condition must deal with Qi, Blood, Essence, TCM organs (Heart, Stomach,...) and external factors (Wind, Heat, Cold,...).
TCM classifies neurological conditions into several categories:
- Invasion of Pathogenic Wind
- Upsurge of Liver-Yang
- Deficiency of Qi and Blood
- Liver-Qi Depression
- Blood Stagnation
- Wind-Cold-Damp Arthralgia
- Deficiency of Kidney-Essence
- Disharmony of Heart and Kidney
- Deficiency of Heart and Spleen-Essence
TCM Treatment for each category varies in terms of selection of meridians, acupoints, stimulus and length of session for acupuncture. Equally important is consultation on adjustment in life style and diet.